Recruitment and Admission
Number of candidates to be admitted: 30
Graduate Programme in Political Science (before Master’s Degree Studies in Political Science) is fee-paying (see Financial issues).
Entry RequirementsIn order to apply for admission apart from fluent English candidates should meet one of the following conditions:
- hold the Bachelor's degree in any area of studies in Poland or elsewhere,
- hold the Master's degree in any area of studies, in Poland or elsewhere
Documents to be supplied by candidates
- General documents:
- One of the two documents (first copy, original after the admission) certifying:
- Bachelor's degree in any area of studies in Poland or elsewhere,
- Master's degree in any area of studies, in Poland or elsewhere.
Foreign diplomas must be authenticated by the appropriate authorities in your country, translated into Polish by a sworn translator (if a diploma is not in English) and certified (if needed) by the University of Warsaw, read more.
- Application form filled in by the candidate
- Copy of the passport/identity card page with the photograph (that was the basis for the IRK registration), certified by the University of Warsaw when a student is already in Warsaw.
- Four passport photographs of the candidate, fulfilling the particular requirements, i.e. left half-profile with the exposed ear.
- Certificate confirming the English language skills at least at the B2 level or the equivalent in accordance with the regulation from 12 October 2006 of the Minister of Science and Higher Education, with further amendments – i.e. certificate, diploma or other document confirming the graduation from the secondary school, in which the courses were held in English or the graduation from the studies (BA, MA, etc.) in English.
- Written commitment to regular payment of tuition fees. It is a short letter addressed to the Director of the Institute, Prof. Ewa Maria Marciniak with only one sentence, e.g. "I hereby confirm that I will pay the tuition fee regularly".
- Printout of the application form from the Internet Registration of Candidates – IRK, pdf file, page 1 (after the central on-line registration) – you must click on the proper link about printing the application form which is on the left side of the home page of your IRK registration account
- Application for the electronic student card (after the central on-line registration) – IRK, pdf file, page 2
- Receipt of the administration fee (after the central on-line registration)
- Health certificate stating that there are no objections to undertake studies by a candidate (students from non-EU countries)
- Photocopy of entry visa or any other document confirming candidate's residence in the territory of Poland (after candidate's arrival to Poland)
Update: A candidate is requested to submit with the copy of a diploma the proper confirmation from an educational institution in the country of issuing the diploma (ministry or university) that this diploma gives a right to start the MA (second cycle) studies in the country of issuing the diploma.
The documents can be sent by post - until 22 September 2017 - to the following address:
Institute of Political Science
Graduate Programme in Political Science
ul. Nowy Świat 69, room 212
The documents can be sent also in the electronic version (instead of the submission by the regular post) – until 22 September 2017 - using IRK website or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). In this case the admitted student must bring the original documents coming to Warsaw.
Internet Registration of Candidates - IRK
Candidates should register on-line until 20 September 2017 (https://irk.uw.edu.pl/?change_lang=en https://irk.uw.edu.pl/osoby.php?op=insert&lang=en), fill in an application form and pay a non-refundable application fee (80 PLN). See more: http://rekrutacja.uw.edu.pl/en/index.php/application-and-tuition-fees/.
Candidates will be admitted on the basis on the documents submitted until all places have been filled. The decision made by the Institute of Political Science must be accepted by the Rector of the University of Warsaw in case of students outside the EU.
When the number of applications exceeds the limit of students, the additional, exceptional procedure will start. Candidates will prepare essays in English (formal requirements: 5-7 pages, Word Document, font 12, line spacing - 1,5). The essay will test competence in English as well as the general knowledge of subjects included in the program of studies and research skills. A candidate can obtain max. 30 points (0-10 – language skills, 0-10 – formulation of arguments and hypotheses, 0-10 – knowledge of chosen topic).
Announcement of results: periodically from 1 March 2017 till 28 September 2017.
The Recruitment Commission will notify the candidates of the admission results by e-mail and by post. In case of insufficient number of candidates (less than 15 admitted students) the studies may not be opened.
For the general information about the recruitment 2017/2018 at University of Warsaw see: http://rekrutacja.uw.edu.pl/en/ - link Info in English