Recruitment and Admission
Number of candidates to be admitted: 30
The Master's Degree Studies in Political Science are fee-paying (see Financial issues).
Entry RequirementsIn order to apply for admission apart from fluent English candidates should meet one of the following conditions:
- hold the Bachelor's degree in any area of studies in Poland or elsewhere,
- hold the Master's degree in any area of studies, in Poland or elsewhere
Documents to be supplied by candidates
- General documents:
- High school diploma (first copy, original after the admission)
- One of the two documents (first copy, original after the admission) certifying:
- Bachelor's degree in any area of studies in Poland or elsewhere,
- Master's degree in any area of studies, in Poland or elsewhere.
Foreign diplomas must be authenticated by the appropriate authorities in your country, translated into Polish by a sworn translator and certified (if needed): high school diplomas by the Education Office in Warsaw and university diplomas by the University of Warsaw, read more.
- Application form filled in by the candidate
- Copy of the passport/identity card page with the photograph, certified by the University of Warsaw when a student is already in Warsaw.
- Four passport photographs of the candidate
- Certificate confirming the knowledge of English - e.g. TOEFL over 500 points (paper based) and/or 200 points (computer based), IELTS of 6.0 points minimum with no individual score lower than 5.0 or AC. A candidate who does not have possibility to present any certificate of English language proficiency is required to submit an essay written in English (between 1,000 and 1,500 words) on European Union issues.
Please note that you do not need to submit language test certificates if you are a native speaker, English is an official language in your country, you received your education in English at some stage of your educational career, participated in the exchange program where courses were taught in English, English was the language of instruction at your academic or secondary institution, you are a Scandinavian student, or a European student who studied English successfully during the secondary and/or higher education. You must be able to document accordingly.
- Written commitment to regular payment of tuition fees. It is a short letter addressed to the Director of the Institute, Prof. Stanisław Sulowski with only one sentence, e.g. "I hereby confirm that I will pay the tuition fee regularly".
- Application for the electronic student card (after the central on-line registration)
- Printout of the application form from the Internet Registration of Candidates – IRK, pdf file (after the central on-line registration)
- Receipt of the administration fee (after the central on-line registration)
- Health certificate stating that there are no objections to undertake studies by a candidate
- Photocopy of entry visa or any other document confirming candidate's residence in the territory of Poland (after candidate's arrival to Poland)
The documents should be sent by post until 3th July 2013 to the following address:
Institute of Political Science
Master's Degree Studies in Political Science
Krakowskie Przedmieście 3, room 6
The documents can be sent also in the electronic version - using IRK website or by e-mail (email@example.com). In this case the admitted student must bring the original documents coming to Warsaw.
Internet Registration of Candidates - IRK
Candidates should register on-line until 3th July 2013 (https://irk.uw.edu.pl/osoby.php?op=insert&lang=en), fill in an application form and pay a non-refundable application fee (80 PLN). See more: http://www.rekrutacja.uw.edu.pl/en/index.php?... and http://www.rekrutacja.uw.edu.pl/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&Itemid=18.
Candidates will be admitted on the basis on the documents submitted until all places have been filled. The decision made by the Institute of Political Science must be accepted by the Rector of the University of Warsaw in case of students outside the EU.
When the number of applications exceeds the limit of students, the additional procedure will start. Candidates will prepare essays in English (formal requirements: 5-7 pages, Word Document, font 12, line spacing - 1,5). The essay will test competence in English as well as the general knowledge of subjects included in the program of studies and research skills.
The final decision about the admission to the Program should be made by 17th July 2013. However, it is possible to receive the decision earlier when all requirements are met by a candidate.
The Recruitment Commission will notify the candidates of the admission results by e-mail and by post. In case of insufficient number of candidates the studies will not be opened.
For the general information about the recruitment 2013/2014 at University of Warsaw see: